The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner. It’s also a busy time of the year, as students travel across the globe to visit loved ones and experience outside destinations. If you’re planning to stay in Corpus Christi for the holidays, here are some cheerful things you can do to maximize the fun of a Christmas staycation.
• Candy Cane Lane of Corpus Christi: Gather your friends and family for a fun night under the twinkling lights on Dec. 17 from 6-10 p.m. Homes across the Southside of Corpus Christi will be embellished in displays of colorful lights and holiday figures. The event is free and open to the public.
• The Nutcracker: Experience the joy of Christmas as Corpus Christi Ballet takes the stage for a classical performance of The Nutcracker. With more than 100 cast members, this show is sure to please. The Nutcracker will show at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 9 and 3 p.m. on Dec. 10 at the American Bank Center.
• Christmas Tree Forest: A Reading Wonderland: The Art Museum of South Texas invites you to join H-E-B and the Junior League of Corpus Christi to celebrate the holiday season. The halls and open spaces of the museum are decked with Christmas trees, designed by Coastal Bend elementary schools. The event is free to AMST members and TAMU-CC students with a student ID. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors 65+, $4 for students and free for children ages 12 and under. Enjoy this jubilant display now through Dec. 13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• A La Mano! Food Truck Friday is back for the holiday season from on Dec. 15. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., food truck vendors will offer a selection of good eats with live music, law games and a picnic at Heritage Park. The event is free, but prices for food may vary.
• Jingle all the way 5k: Get out and get active with this holiday run taking place on Dec. 23 from 8-10 a.m. at Cole Park. Registration for the run is now open online at athleteguild.com/running/corpus-christi-tx2014-jingle-all-the-way-5k-run-walk-and-kids-1k-run. The fee is $25 to run the full 5k and $10 to run 1k. The fee is $15 for all runners under the age of 18. Santa Claus will also be at the park for photos, along with fun games and door prizes.
This holiday season is a time for making memories with friends and family. Remember, no matter where you are, you don’t have to miss out on the holiday season fun.