Not all has been lost with Islanders baseball season

Image courtesy of goislanders.com/TAMUCC
Islander baseball team participating in the national anthem at the game on April 3.

Image courtesy of goislanders.com/TAMUCC Islander baseball team participating in the national anthem at the game on April 3.

AMERICA SEGURA
@AMERICABATEL

On April 3, the Islanders went head to head with the University of Texas Longhorns.

The green and blue hosted the game at Whataburger Field, where the odds were unfortunately not in the Islanders’ favor.

The Islanders failed to come out triumphant and right from the beginning the Longhorns put quite the game face on. Arms Leonel Perez and A.G. Ayala held Texas to two keeps running over the accompanying four innings, with the Longhorns clutching a 5-0 lead heading into the highest point of the 6th. The two sides were held to an only a solitary hit joined throughout the following three in-nings, with the Islander bats waking up in the ninth.

First year recruit arms Leonel Perez and A.G. Ayala held Texas to two keeps running over the accompanying four innings, with the Longhorns clutching a 5-0 lead heading into the highest point of the 6th. Recognizing their adversaries another four on a fantastic hammer in that next edge, the two sides were held to a solitary hit joined throughout the following three innings, with the Islander bats finally getting hot in the ninth.

Subsequent to getting plunked, beginning third baseman Jackson Owens placed himself into scoring position with a stolen pack, as the Blue and Green declined to go down unobtrusively against their Big 12 rivals. A Thomas Jeffries IV walk put a couple of men on, before Owens found the Islanders’ first keep run- ning of the diversion on Drake Osborn’s RBI-single.

Getting his fifth beginning of 2018, Itchy Burts got his second hit of the night to score Jeffries, while an Enrique Sanchez Jr. single scored Osborn from third base. With the bases stacked and the Islanders one swing far from pulling inside two runs, the home group came up short on outs on Tuesday, with the last score left at 9-3.

Relievers Chad Romere, Jesse Philp and Will Floyd consolidated for 3.2 innings of shutout work for Corpus Christi on the night, joining for five of their squad’s 10 strikeouts recorded. Starter Leonel Perez would assume the misfortune against the Horns subsequent to surrendering three keeps running in his midweek begin, while seven Blue and Green arms took to the slope at Whataburger Field.

Burts tied his season-high in hits against the Longhorns, enlisting a couple of singles and a RBI. His batting normal has keep running up from .167 to .346 in the course of recent days.

Confronting three players to finish off the night, junior Will Floyd recorded the principal strikeout of his profession and proceeded with his hitless streak to four straight appearances.

In his fifth beginning of the season Cam Boudreaux recorded a solitary and two strolls, he’s attracted walk every one of his last three appearances.

Romere is on a dash of three straight shutout appearances for the Islanders, in the wake of tying a season-high three strikeouts against the Longhorns.

Evidently, it was a good game and a tough 3-9 loss for the Islanders, but things are starting to turn around. On April 8 the Islanders played Southeastern Louisiana ending the game 13–7.