Tea Time with Harley: Cardi B vs Nicki Minaj during NYFW

:Rappers Cardi B and Nicki Minaj's individual looks for the Harper's Bazaar ICON event. Source: Stannova.com

HARELEY FONSECA
Reporter

Well, it’s New York Fashion Week and someone’s missing a shoe! This Friday, everyone showed up to the Harper’s Bazaar Fashion party where most of the celebrity guest list was completely forgotten about due to an altercation between female rappers Cardi B and Nicki Minaj, which led to Cardi B being escorted out, barefoot, Dolce & Gobbana dress torn down the backside showing everyone her “bodaks.”

People who were invited to the event were prohibited from recording inside the building, but once you hear some fighting, rules don’t mean anything to anyone. An insider said: “The scene was f—— crazy. It was entourage against entourage. They (Cardi B and Minaj) had their altercation on the second-floor balcony, right above the red carpet. All of a sudden there was a big commotion and everyone didn’t know what was going on.”

Cardi B leaving the venue after the altercation. Barefoot, torn dress, and a bump on her brow bone, the injury is supposedly said to be an accident by security while trying to stop the fight. Source: People.com

Now before everyone asks about who threw the first punch, the answer is no one, sis. The video is all yelling and shoe throwing. The video is kind of dark due to the lighting in the venue but Cardi B can be seen being held back by security while Minaj is surrounded by her team, huddled off into a corner. This is kind of ironic since Minaj is known for yelling a lot on her new radio show, Queen Radio, but I guess the shoe was on the other foot that night (no pun intended). There are different angles of the altercation posted all over Twitter, but from what can mostly be understand from the situation, Minaj must have made a comment about Kulture Kiara (Cardi B and husband Offset’s 2-month-old daughter) because Cardi B is taken away while shouting and repeating, “Say something else about my daughter!”

Maybe Minaj was still in a bad mood since “Queen” debuted at #2 behind Travis Scott’s “Astroworld.” Minaj even brought Stormi, Scott and Kylie Jenner’s new daughter, into the feud and the girl can’t even talk yet. Maybe someone told Minaj the difference between her and Harriet Tubman, I’m not sure. I’m just very excited to see what Minaj is going to talk about, if she’s allowed to talk about it, on the next airing of Queen Radio. The whole situation is messy and of course anyone would’ve reacted the way Cardi B did, but that’s if the rumors of Minaj disrespecting Cardi B’s daughter are true.

Nicki Minaj is seen blowing kisses to her fans before leaving the venue after the altercation. Whew, that’s petty, Miss Onika. Source: People.com

Since the altercation, Cardi B took to Instagram to post a screenshot from her notes on her phone of her ranting about how someone (Minaj isn’t specifically named) could, “Choose to like comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are f—— off!!” Minaj on the other hand has tweeted a link to her new album, “Queen.” People are taking to Twitter, asking if you’re #TeamNicki or #TeamCardi. I just hope both these talented artists can handle this ridiculous “beef” with each other like women and instead support each other in the music industry rather than find reasons to tear each other down.