Photos courtesy of Benji McDaniel/ISLAND WAVES - Students create mural in honor of Earth Day.

TAMU-CC Earth Day mural invited people to show why environment protection matters

April 24, 2019

On Monday, April 22, students came together to draw a mural. Each individual picture depicted why they love the earth and why we should strive to save it.

Grant Kendall, signature and service events coordinator, of the Student Volunteer Connection talked about how they help coordinate Green Week k every year. It is meant to spread awareness of environmental conservation and make people aware that this is our planet that we live on, and we should take care of it as such.

Community members and students came together to draw what the earth means to them.

Amanda Hall, Marketing manager of Islander Dining, dining elaborated about what the mural means exactly, said that the goal was to create the largest chalk mural in TAMU-CC history, and wrap the mural around the Momentum momentum wave in front of the Islander Dining Hall.

Students paint pots to plant seeds in.

On Monday’s event, students not only had the opportunity to partake in creating what would hopefully be one of the biggest murals TAMU-CC has created before, but also were able to paint pots to plant seeds in. The Earth Day mural was just the kickoff to an amazing week of events to celebrate Earth Day and our beautiful planet.