CCRTA stops bus route 63 and replaces with on-call service

Courtesy of Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority. CCRTA closes Route 63 The Wave for new,on-call Route 93.

August 23, 2019

An email went out to all students and faculty this Wednesday, Aug. 21, stating that Route 63 the Wave, which stopped near the Shores apartments, Aspen Heights, La Palmera mall, and the Southside Transit Station, has been replaced yesterday with the pilot Flex Route 93.

“In an effort to better serve our students,” read the email, “the Corpus Christi RTA will replace Route 63 with a new Flex Route 93. This route will offer on-demand service between the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and several stores and services in the Flour Bluff area.”

This new bus route doesn’t operate as your typical bus route where you wait for your ride at specific times. You must now call ahead to request a pickup and must be at the bus stop as you wait, like for an Uber or a Lyft.

The route will operate 12:15 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:35 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday. To request a pickup by the Flex Route 93, dial 1-833-782-3539.

The route covers the main bus stop located in front of the University Services Center, and now has an added stop on Sand Dollar Blvd near the Sandpiper building.

Other points of interest that the bus stops by is Momentum Village and apartments located on Ennis Joslin Road. It also makes stops in Flour Bluff, including the Walmart, Compton Waldron transfer point and the H-E-B as well.

The park and ride Route 60 service that takes students from campus to Momentum will remain in effect for the fall semester.

“Also, the Park and Ride Route 60 service between the Momentum Campus lot and the Island Campus will resume Monday, August 26.” read the email. “It will continue to operate between 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. As always, students, faculty, and staff may ride any CCRTA bus for free by presenting their SandDollar ID.”

For more information on the CCRTA bus schedules, visit their website at http://www.ccrta.org. Or you can contact the operations facility at 361-289-2712, or reach their B Rideline 24-hour automated info service at 361-289-2600 for more details on these bus routes.